Posted in: SPARK UI Toolkit Controls
Andrzej MichalecAugust 31, 2016 at 7:26 am #2505
Hi. I have few unrelated questions and I decided not to flood forum with separate threads. Here comes my issues collection after inital play with Spark UI 126.96.36.199 EE (trial) in my company:
1. The bpmext.ui.getOption() does not work with AJAX service object (and it is not documented). I see ServiceCall control doing the job in drag-drop way. As there is no wrapper on Spark level I assume that for pure programmatic AJAX manipulation <widget>.context.options.<serviceName> should be used, am I right?
2. In Button control label visibility property is ignored, label is drawn even when “hidden’. Button with icon and empy label still renders some space on right side. The only workaround is to set button width explicitly to icon size (e.g. 32px). I guess these are just bugs to be fixed.
3. Using setStart() on date picker, when pattern is different (e.g “1/1/1970” for “mm/dd/yyyy”), leads to cryptic exception far from suggesting it is because of wrong pattern. Also as dojotoolkit underpins BPM (and Spark) and dojo/date/locale uses “mm” for minutes and “MM” for months, it would be better datepicker patter is aligned to some common standards to ease roundtips like: get pattern, format date, set start/end in expected format.
4. Event handler function can be retrieved using bmpext.ui.getEventHandlingFunction(). Is there a way to replace “fn” or “execute” with own function object (for wrapping with own logic) after initialization?
5. Inline event handlers with special syntax are design-time prepared and parsed by Spark. Is there any API call to dynamically (from JS in runtime) provide new statement and tell Spark to reparse?
andy.SPARK SupportSeptember 12, 2016 at 10:29 am #2620
I apologize for the delay in the response. Our efforts were focused on correcting an issue we discovered in the most recent release of SPARK. Thank you for your patience.
1. The bpmext.ui.getOption() is used to programmatically retrieve configuration options that have been set in BPM PD, not change them. Normally, the manipulation of AJAX services is accomplished using Server Scripts and passing variables from the Coach into the Service Call. Please look at the article on using the Service Call: https://salientprocess.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/215590277-Using-the-Service-Call.
2. Thank you for noting this, I will report to Development.
3. Thank you for the suggestion. We are working to update the Date Picker control to make it more user friendly. For now, please follow the format guidelines found at: https://salientprocess.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/205667108-Date-Picker
4. This method is intended to allow access to the function within the Event of a control. The purpose is to be able to access the logic of the Event without having to know the function name, but the On Click or On Load for instance. However, you would have more customizability over the Event handling logic if you were to create your own control.
5. This functionality is not support in SPARK at this time.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.