• Dominik Najder
    October 20, 2016 at 4:00 am #2905

Hi,

I have an issue with Text Editor on IE11. It doesn’t show up correctly in majority of the cases. What is happening is that it is missing formatting toolbox + it doesn’t pass the value of text outside of the Coach View (see attached screenshot). It happens 3 out of 4/5 runs, only once a time it shows up correctly (see attached screenshot). The issue happens only on IE 11, Text Editor is working fine on FF and Chrome. There are no error logs on the console. As I understand Text Editor is using TinyMCE under the hood, so I looked into similar issues reported for it and I found the following: https://github.com/tinymce/tinymce/issues/2897

which looks like very similar to the issue I am experiencing. Has anyone found this problem before? Is there any workaround? The version of IE 11 I am testing with is: 11.0.9600.18499.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Regards,

Dominik

SPARK Support
    October 20, 2016 at 7:51 am #2910

Hi Dominik,

Which version of BPM are you using?

Regards,

Stephen P.

Dominik Najder
    October 21, 2016 at 12:06 am #2912

Hi Stephen,

we’re using BPM 8.5.7 2016.06. Did you try to run the sample you prepared couple of times in a row? As I said in our environment it seems to be random.

Best regards,

Dominik

SPARK Support
    October 21, 2016 at 8:49 am #2917

Hi Dominik,

I have tried running the process a couple of dozen times and refreshing the page a dozen times without the issue appearing.  My version of IE is 11.321.143939.0.

Can you provide me with a couple of screenshots when you are able to replicate the error?  I would like to see if there are any Console output errors, and if there are any issues with the requests on the Network tab.

Regards,

Stephen P.

Dominik Najder
    October 26, 2016 at 1:11 am #2936

Hi,

sorry for delay in responding but I tried multiple scenarios to find the root cause of the issue. In case of the console output, it’s the same in both cases – working and non-working scenario (attached the screenshots). But as suggested by you I also checked Network part of the console and it seems that in non-working version TinyMCE plugins are not fetched (they’re also not requested at all). Do you by any chance know what is the trigger to fetch them from server? (Please see the screenshots). I also checked the last common call to TinyMCE Library:

/teamworks/webasset/2064.1f1f972f-1935-41a3-bf9f-ce2d3f7a1b3f/W/BPMExt-Lib-TinyMCE.zip/lib/main.js?build=201606220651

and the response is the same in both cases.

There is one more thing I noticed, having Developers tools enabled and visible on the screen increases the successful ratio (working Text Editor) to around 80%. If it’s closed, then the hit ratio goes to what I described in previous scenario (20-30% hit rate). That looks like some kind of race condition to me…

Best regards,

Dominik

SPARK Support
    October 26, 2016 at 7:52 am #2943

Hi Dominik,

We are going to try updating the TinyMCE library backing the tool.

Regards,

Stephen P.

Dominik Najder
    October 31, 2016 at 11:48 pm #2977

Hi Stephen,

just to make sure – shall we expect it in 4.4.5? Or is there any chance to get test version earlier, so we could check if this resolves the issue?

Best regards,

Dominik

SPARK Support
    November 1, 2016 at 8:12 am #2978

Hi Dominik,

Unfortunately, updating the backing code did not fix the issue.

This issue has been escalated to a Senior member of the Development Team.

However, we are now about to release the 4.4.5 version with a target of this Friday, November 4th.

This means any fix provided for the Text Editor control will most likely be in a future release.

Regards,

Stephen P.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Start typing and press Enter to search