Posted in: SPARK UI Toolkit Controls
Andrzej MichalecJanuary 18, 2017 at 11:22 am #3507
I am experiencing backward compatibility issue in SPARK 4.4.7 with Single Select component. Variable bound to Single Select has one of values being on list of items configured for this Single Select. In 4.4.6EE (and earlier versions) first show of Single Select make it preselected to initial value of binding – intuitive and expected behaviour. After upgrade to 4.4.7EE running screen again shows Single Select initially empty (ignoring value of bound variable). Please confirm and plan fix for this misbehaviour.
Simplest scenario to recreate in CSHS:
1) create “selection” variable as list of String with default value of ‘ [“A”,”B”,”C”] ‘
2) create “selected” variable as String with default value of ‘ “A” ‘
3) add Single Select control, bind it to “selected” and configure items as “items from config options” specifying item list as “selection”.
4) use SPARK 4.4.6EE and run screen to see that on first display Single Select is show with “A” selected on start.
5) change dependency of SPARK to 4.4.7EE, run again and observe that no Single Select is empty on start.
andy.Saroj PandaJanuary 20, 2017 at 2:17 am #3523
Unfortunately this is breaking for us too. They have broken few more other working behaviors. You may want to look at this
SarojSPARK SupportJanuary 20, 2017 at 8:27 am #3525
I was able to reproduce this issue. I have logged a bug to be fixed in an upcoming release.
In the meantime, to work around this issue, use the following code in the On Load event: me.setSelectedItem(me.getData());
Stephen P.Saroj PandaJanuary 24, 2017 at 2:54 am #3555
Thanks Stephen for the work around. It’s working for now.
SarojSPARK SupportJanuary 25, 2017 at 10:33 am #3566
Glad to hear that works with the work-around.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.