• Marc Hoffmann
    July 2, 2015 at 11:36 am #371

I am using SPARK V3 (Toolkit version “EmeriConVIEWS 2015-04-28-001”) and the Multi Bar Chart and the Simple Bar Chart controls (as well as the Pie Chart control – but the issue seems to be more apparent with the Bar Charts).

I am trying to create a multi-chart dashboard and also make it responsive (for a demo on an iPad). I set the width of the controls to 100%, so that they should respond to the width of the surrounding container (e.g. a Responsive Vertical Section). I then wrapped Responsive Section H’s around them based on how I want the controls to be rearranged at the different browser widths. I then used Responsive Policy controls to set the Horizontal/Vertical displays and width (using percentages) of the Responsive Section H’s into which I placed the controls (which are at 100% width).

However, it does not seem that the chart controls respect or recognize the width of the browser or the responsive sections around them, or the responsive sections are forced to expand to the 100% size of the control (see screen shots that I am trying to attach, but can’t, so please contact me to email to you).

I followed the example “_Test040 (Responsive Section)” in it using “Page 3” from the EmeriConVIEWS toolkit, and my responsive sections and the arrangement seems to be working just fine with the HTML Text control in it (as it is shown in the examples that I am trying to attach, but can’t, so please contact me to email to you). But when I put the chart controls inside of the responsive sections instead of the HTML Text controls, they overflow the browser window.

It may be best to present this issue via WebEx. Please let me know.

July 6, 2015 at 7:23 am #375

Dojo charts (which SPARK Legacy charts are built from) do not have the capability to resize after the initial size has been set. This is a limitation from the control which is inherited from the dojo widgets themselves. For a more responsive behavior for charts, use SPARK v4 charts and controls instead of SPARK Legacy charts.

Marc Hoffmann
    July 6, 2015 at 9:18 am #376

Thanks Lisa. I am not sure that I understand your response, as I see a different behavior. When I put the Pie Chart (for example) directly on the coach with no surrounding Responsive Section and set its width at 100%, the Pie Chart control resizes to the width of the browser as I make the browser width larger or smaller. It looks to me that the chart control is responsive, but it does not seem to be responsive when it is inside a Responsive Section. As I mentioned in my initial post, this may require a WebEx to show you the behavior.

Also, I would like to use SPARK V4, but I have this demo currently on BPM 8.5.0.1 and no time to convert it to BPM 8.5.6. Do you have a SPARK V4 toolkit that works with BPM 8.5.0.1?

July 7, 2015 at 2:14 pm #380

Hi Marc,

I have sent you an email on resolving this matter.

Best regards,

Salient Process Support – Lisa Leung

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Start typing and press Enter to search