SPARK SupportSeptember 8, 2016 at 10:05 am #2575Using SPARK UI toolkit version 4.4.3 and above in your IBM BPM 8.5.7 environment can cause a temporary error regarding missing or undefined Less variables which must be manually fixed.Symptoms (See the attached Screenshots):
- 1) Error messages regarding missing Less variables are displayed in Web Process Designer when opening a Coach.
- 2) Coach pages render without any styling at design time (in Web Process Designer) or when a Coach is run/played back.
- 3) A message at runtime stating Coach views require a theme to display properly.
The SPARK UI Theme is a superset of the BPM Theme in the System Data toolkit. As such it contains more variables than what is currently defined in the BPM UI Theme (or a in derivative you may have created from the BPM UI Theme). Without all the new variables defined in the SPARK UI Theme, the SPARK less file doesn’t find all the variables it expects to compile properly, which causes the error.
Open the Process Application(s) or Toolkit(s) that use the SPARK UI toolkit and specifically select the SPARK UI Theme (or a theme you derived from the SPARK UI Theme) as the theme for the toolkit or process app:
- 1) Select Process App Settings from the dropdown menu
- 2) From the Overview Tab, scroll to Coach Designer Settings in the column on the right
- 3) Next to Theme, click Select
- 4) Select the SPARK UI Theme (or derived SPARK UI Theme)
- 5) Save the settings (Floppy icon)
Repeat these steps for all Process Applications and Toolkits that use the SPARK UI Toolkit.
A future IBM BPM product update will address the need to manually change these settings, when the BPM UI Theme defines all supplementary SPARK UI variables in the System Data toolkit.DanNovember 8, 2016 at 9:21 am #3020
Thanks, this addressed my concerns. I wasn’t sure why my Coaches built using the Trial weren’t rendering correctly. Once I picked the SPARK Theme, things worked well.SPARK SupportNovember 8, 2016 at 10:00 am #3021
Glad we could help.
Stephen P.Saroj PandaFebruary 17, 2017 at 6:33 am #3747
Thanks Salient for addressing the theme issue in 4.4.8 version.
Now it seems the errors are removed. Atleast till now I didn’t get any of the previous errors, specially error in attachment ‘ThemeIssue2-1.png‘. Now the theme changes are compiling in less than 20 seconds
We’ll still be testing more to see if we get any issues
SarojSPARK SupportFebruary 17, 2017 at 3:38 pm #3769
Thank you for the feedback.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.